What You'll Need
- Place the flours (reserve 1/4 cup of the all-purpose flour for kneading the dough), salt, and 2 tbsp of the sugar into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Combine the yeast, warm water, and 1/2 tbsp of sugar in another bowl. Let the yeast dissolve. Once dissolved, add the milk and vinegar and mix.
- Add half of the liquid to the flour and start to mix. Gradually add the rest and mix into a dough. Once mixed, place the dough on a clean, floured surface. Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes, flouring as needed.
- Grease a bowl with olive oil and place the kneaded dough in the bowl. Cover and place in a warm place and let it proof for 2 hours. The dough should be at least double in size.
- Punch down and add the tomato filling and cheese. Work it into the dough. Grease an 8 x 4- or 8 x 5-inch loaf pan. Form the dough into a loaf and place it in the pan. Let proof for another hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes and the bread is a light golden color.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Gently go around the edge of the pan with a flat knife and gently lift to loosen the bread. Remove from the pan and put on a wire rack to cool. Bread can be served warm.
- Slice the bread and serve with Avocado Spread.
- Prepare the tomatoes by removing the seeds and juice. Chop into small pieces.
- Heat a small saucepan on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and onions and lightly sauté until onions are slightly translucent. Add the tomatoes, honey, and oregano, if using.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft and most of the liquid has cooked off. Season with sea salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place all the ingredient in a bowl and mash. This does not have to be smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and put in the refrigerator if not using right away.
You may also be interested in...
Savory Pepper Muffins
Savory muffins are a great addition to any meal or can be made and frozen ahead of time to be available as a quick snack. Aged cheddar cheese, red peppers, honey and fresh parsley combine to make a tasty treat.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 45-50 mins
Skill level: Medium
Tomato, Zucchini & Red Onion Tart
This tomato tart combines the classic flavors of sweet tomatoes and salty cheese for a delicious and beautiful appetizer. It’s perfect for holidays, parties and special occasions. Use any of our greenhouse grown tomato varieties based on preference.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy