What You'll Need
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Cut the acorn squash in half from top to bottom. Place each half upside down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the inside of the squash is soft.
- At the same time put the bacon on the baking sheet and bake until crispy – about 15-20 minutes.
- When the squash is done, remove it from the oven and flip it over. Scoop out the seeds. Scoop out the squash but leave a small amount in the shell – about 1-inch thick. Season the shell with sea salt and pepper.
- Place a large frying pan on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the butter or olive oil in the pan and add the onions. Lightly sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add the maple syrup, spinach, corn, peppers and parsley.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the frying pan along with the squash. Stir for about 1 minute to heat through. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Scoop the mixture into the squash shells. Put back into the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with cheese. Put back into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
You may also be interested in...
Egg Plant & Goat Cheese Cannelloni
This is a veggie twist on a traditional Italian dish. What is better then eggplant and goat cheese? Stuffed eggplant with goat cheese, red pepper coulis and tempera artichoke hearts. A dish packed full of flavor and excitement.
Skill level: Hard