Loaded with sweet Vidalia onions and bell peppers, this delicious baked breakfast or brunch dish can be assembled ahead of time, leaving just the baking for the morning.
What You'll Need
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut Vidalia onion into slices vertically; reserve about ¼ of onion.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch non-stick skillet. Sauté onion and pepper slices for 5-8 minutes, until tender and just starting to brown. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs, milk and pepper in large bowl, set aside.
- Spray 8" or 9" baking pan (square or round) with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread cubes in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Add sautéd vegetables and pour in egg mix.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until set.
- While strata is baking, prepare salsa, by dicing and mixing cherry tomatoes, garlic and remaining Vidalia onion.
You may also be interested in...
Roasted Sweet Bell Pepper & Chorizo Frittata with Queso Fesco
It’s Frittata time. Frittata’s are one meal that can be eaten at any time of the day. We love this chorizo with queso fresco, and roasted sweet bell peppers for dinner.
Skill level: Hard