What You'll Need
- Cut corn off cob.
- Use back of knife to scrape off milk; reserve.
- Reserve ½ cup of corn kernels for garnish and blanch remaining until soft; chill and reserve.
- Rough chop tomatoes, onion, celery.
- Finely chop garlic.
- In a pot, add olive oil, onion and celery.
- Cook until semi-soft, not brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and chilled corn and corn milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Add soup contents into high speed blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Completely chill until soup is very cold.
- Add cilantro, blanched corn and peas.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and good quality olive oil.
- Garnish with reserved corn and peas.
You may also be interested in...
Sweet Potato Red Pepper Salad with Avocado
Sweet potatoes paired with roasted red peppers is a great flavor combination. The avocado yogurt dressing provides a delicious alternative to mayonnaise. Serve at family get togethers, or take it to work for lunch.
Prep time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Medium