What You'll Need
- Cut corn off cob.
- Use back of knife to scrape off milk; reserve.
- Reserve ½ cup of corn kernels for garnish and blanch remaining until soft; chill and reserve.
- Rough chop tomatoes, onion, celery.
- Finely chop garlic.
- In a pot, add olive oil, onion and celery.
- Cook until semi-soft, not brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and chilled corn and corn milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Add soup contents into high speed blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Completely chill until soup is very cold.
- Add cilantro, blanched corn and peas.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and good quality olive oil.
- Garnish with reserved corn and peas.
You may also be interested in...
Grilled Chicken Breast with Roasted Pepper Slaw
Marinating and grilling chicken adds flavor in an easy way. Paired with colorful peppers and kale, roasted in garlic and olive oil, completes the dish with a minimum of work. Perfect for outdoor meals, entertaining guests or just to make the family happy with a tasty meal.
Prep time: 25 mins
Total time: 45-50 mins
Skill level: Medium
Tomato Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup makes for a great first course for Christmas meals or a light dinner on Christmas Eve. Double the batch and freeze for an easy, produce-filled soup for busy nights to serve with baked grilled cheese. Thaw frozen Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup in the refrigerator overnight and reheat when you need it.
Total time: 1 hr
Skill level: Easy