What You'll Need
- Use a Dutch oven (or stockpot) to combine Roma tomatoes, onion, cloves, and chicken broth; and bring to a boil.
- Gently boil for 20 minutes or until desired consistency. Use a blender (or emersion blender) to create desired smoothness. Run through a strainer to remove tomato skins and seeds.
- Season to taste with salt and sugar.
- If a thicker consistency is desired, melt 1-2 tbsp of butter in an empty stockpot and whisk in the same amount of flour. Whisk until flour is cooked or turns medium brown.
- Slowly add tomato soup to the butter and flour mixture. Incorporate all remaining soup until smooth
You may also be interested in...
Mexican Avocado Pico de Gallo
This avocado pico de gallo is great for all occasions: parties, barbecues or simple snacking with tortilla chips.
Skill level: Easy
Mushroom Stuffed Sweetpeaks
An amazing combination of flavors, these stuffed Sweetpeaks peppers can be eaten as a side or as a meal itself!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Skill level: Medium
This recipe has a video