What You'll Need
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator about 2 hours before preparing the pizza so that it can be room temperature or slightly warmer. If it’s too cold, it will be difficult to roll. Punch it back down and let it sit for another 15 minutes before rolling.
- Cut the dough in half. Place one half on a lightly floured surface. Gently roll or stretch it out with your hands until it is about a half an inch thick.
- While waiting for the dough to come up to room temperature, preheat the oven to 350°
- Put the zucchini and peppers in a baking dish. Add the olive oil, garlic, and oregano. Toss and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes and season with sea salt and pepper. Mix again.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place each piece of rolled dough on the grill. The flour on the dough will prevent it from sticking. Grill the dough for 3 minutes with the grill lid open. Flip it over. Quickly add the toppings and the pepperoni slices (if desired) and sprinkle with cheese. Close the grill lid and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Tip: Most grocery stores sell fresh pizza dough. It’s also often available from local bakeries.
You may also be interested in...
Stuffed Black Bean Tomato Avocados
Stuffed avocados make a perfect lunch. Black beans, tomatoes and spices are paired with the creamy texture of the avocado for an amazing combination of flavors. Served warm, it provides a very satisfying meal or it can be paired with your favorite entre.
Prep time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy
Gluten Free Italian Meatloaf Muffins
These gluten free delights are the perfect portion size, and packed full of flavor. Your muffin tin isn’t just for muffin’s anymore. The warm comfort meal for a winter’s day.
Prep time: 35 mins
Total time: 1 hr 25 mins
Skill level: Easy