Heirloom Tomato Tart
Our heirloom tomatoes are beautiful on their own but in this tart they take tomatoes to a whole new level of culinary beauty. Paired with cheese, olive oil and parsley, this tart looks as good as it tastes!
Skill level: Hard
What You'll Need
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate four hours or over night.
- Roll refrigerated dough onto cornmeal-dusted surface.
- Divide and place into four .75 inch tart pans.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Thinly slice tomatoes.
- Toss with 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a colander.
- Let drain about 30 minutes, gently tossing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine mozzarella, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, chives, parsley, thyme, sautéed onion, and ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper.
- Spread into tart pans.
- Arrange tomatoes on top.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with pepper to taste.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until the tomatoes are browned.
You may also be interested in...
Herbed Cucumber Bites
Once you taste Herbed Cucumber Bites, you’ll wonder how you did parties and get-togethers without them! Make double the goat cheese mixture to quickly make a second batch later in the week. Use any of our small tomato varieties based on preference.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy
Tomato Spice Cake
A unique depth of flavor to wow your guests!
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 65 mins
Skill level: Medium
This recipe has a video