Stuffed avocados make a perfect lunch. Black beans, tomatoes and spices are paired with the creamy texture of the avocado for an amazing combination of flavors. Served warm, it provides a very satisfying meal or it can be paired with your favorite entre.
What You'll Need
- Sauté the onions in olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, kale and cumin. Sauté until tomatoes and kale are soft.
- Add the cayenne (if using) and the black beans and heat through.
- Remove from the heat and add lime juice and cilantro. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the meat, leaving the shells intact. Cut the avocado meat into chunks and add to the tomato mixture. Mix.
- Scoop the mixture back into the avocado shells, mounding the mixture.
- Top with your favourite cheese and place under the broiler to melt the cheese. Serve.
Tip: This make a great lunch or side dish with dinner.
You may also be interested in...
Tomato Spinach Salad with Red Pepper Dressing
Salads are one of the best ways to load up on fresh vegetables. This salad is a great example. The extra flavor from the roasted red pepper in the dressing gives peppers a fun twist. Prepare the greens and vegetables ahead of time so it is ready to go for dinner. The dressing can be made and kept for several days in the refrigerator.
Prep time: 25 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy
Breakfast Baked Tomato Eggplant
Baked, breaded eggplant is worth the effort. The combination of the crisp eggplant, sliced tomatoes and poached eggs make it the perfect breakfast. Eggplant can be breaded and baked the night before to save time.
Prep time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
Skill level: Medium