What You'll Need
- Pre-cook the fish filets by frying them in a skillet with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Remove cooked fish from the skillet and set aside to cool in a mixing bowl. (Tip: Left-over fish works great if you have it!)
- Break up cooled cooked fish (approx ½ inch pieces) and add eggs, peppers, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper to the mixing bowl.
- Gently fold up all ingredients keeping fish pieces in tack.
- Scoop 1 tbsp amount for medallion (snack) sized cake or double the amount for larger. (Tip: The smaller size makes for faster cooking and bite-size presentation.)
- Place on parchment paper and reserve in the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat heavy pan or griddle to medium heat and add 2 tbsp vegetable or frying oil.
- Fry pancakes for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve 2-3 cakes per plate. Top with chopped chives and a dollop of dipping sauce.
You may also be interested in...
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Love stuffed peppers but not the work? This stuffed pepper soup is one way to get the flavor you love with a fraction of the effort. Warm up with a bowl of our delicious stuffed pepper soup.
Skill level: Easy