Veggie burgers are a great way to increase your recommended daily vegetables. With sweet chili sauce, mushrooms and black beans this burger is sure to satisfy.
What You'll Need
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat; add 1 cup onions and all mushrooms, and cook 30 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Mash beans with fork in mixing bowl.
- Finely chop peppers, garlic and remaining ½ cup onion in food processor. Mix into mashed beans.
- Mix egg, salt, chili sauce and bread crumbs into bean mixture until mixture binds together. Add more crumbs, if needed. Form into 4 patties.
- Bake patties on baking sheet 8 minutes per side, or until firm.
- Assemble buns with cooked patty, onions and mushrooms.
You may also be interested in...
Breakfast Baked Tomato Eggplant
Baked, breaded eggplant is worth the effort. The combination of the crisp eggplant, sliced tomatoes and poached eggs make it the perfect breakfast. Eggplant can be breaded and baked the night before to save time.
Prep time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
Skill level: Medium