Seeds of Inspiration Blogs
Follow along to learn about healthy lifestyle tips and tricks, alongside delicious veggie-filled recipes, and educational greenhouse-grow facts. We’re here to inspire and help you get the most out of your Red Sun Farms purchase.
8 Picture-Perfect Holiday Appetizers
Deck the halls with a tablescape that is covered in beautiful and tasty appetizers that will be the highlight of your holiday party. With fresh ingredients like our festively red greenhouse-grown tomatoes, crisp green seedless cucumbers, and sweet bell peppers, your holiday party will rank at the top of Santa’s list!
- Herbed Cucumber Bites: These colorful bite-sized treats are so simple to make, but full of delicious flavor with a dollop of savory goat cheese with hints of garlic and dill.
- Hummus and Feta Sweet Peppers: Tight on time? Look no further than Hummus and Feta Sweet Peppers. These bite-sized peppers are easy to make, with only four ingredients.
- Pepperoni Caprese Bites with Basil Vinaigrette: Think of these as mini gluten-free pizzas! The delicious flavor combination of sweet grape tomatoes, mozzarella, savory pepperoni and basil just can’t be beat! Stack them in a circle to resemble a Holiday Wreath!
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites: These light and refreshing salmon-cucumber bites are exactly what your holiday guests will be raving over. The sweet cream cheese meshed with crisp seedless cucumbers and flavorful salmon will be the hit of your Christmas or New Year’s party!
- Spicy Tuna Cherry Tomato Cups: Turn up the Christmas carols and spice up your holiday get together with these delicious spicy tuna cups. You can even give back this holiday season and help save the monarch butterfly with your purchase of any of our exclusive Monarch Pearl grape tomatoes! Find out how Red Sun Farms and the Save our Monarchs Foundation are saving the endangered species here.
- Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup: This light dish is warm and flavorful — perfect for those cold winter nights! Help party guests thaw out with this delicious soup.
- Tomato, Zucchini and Red Onion Tart: Bake this delicious tart in a large rectangle pan and slice in small squares for an easy grab-and-go holiday party appetizer that’s almost too pretty to eat! If you’re feeling an urge of creative genius use mini tarte shells.
- Creamy Eggplant and Caramelized Onion Dip: Dips are a classic crowd-pleaser, and this savory and creamy eggplant dip is sure to be no exception. Serve with a fresh baguette and crudités for dipping.