Seeds of Inspiration Blogs
Follow along to learn about healthy lifestyle tips and tricks, alongside delicious veggie-filled recipes, and educational greenhouse-grow facts. We’re here to inspire and help you get the most out of your Red Sun Farms purchase.
The Best Time to Give Back
The old saying ‘It is better to give than to receive’ has never meant more than it does right now. With the everchanging challenges in our communities, there are plenty of opportunities to give back and make a significant difference in someone’s life.
If the last few years has taught us anything, it’s that giving doesn’t always have to be a major act to make an impact. Sometimes donating your time or making a small gesture can be just as valuable. However, when you choose to give back, you can often get as much from it as the person who receives it.
What better time to give back to those less fortunate than today? Here at Red Sun Farms, we like to give back throughout the year by supporting organizations to benefit local and national communities in the United States and Canada. Learn more about the wonderful organizations we contribute to and find out how you can give back, anytime of the year!
- Our different locations participate in different community programs like Make a Wish, Santa for Seniors, Literacy programs as well as local food banks.
- Produce for Kids
- Harvest Hands collects surplus fruits and vegetables from growers, restaurants, grocery stores and other food sources to deliver extra food to emergency sources. Surplus produce collected also includes produce that doesn’t make the cut of retail standards, such as produce that’s not the exact desired shape or color, to ensure it doesn’t go to waste.
- Produce for Better Health Foundation (Fruits and Veggies More Matters!) promotes a healthier America by encouraging families to fill half their plates with fruits and veggies. Red Sun Farms has partnered with the Produce for Better Health Foundation to help increase fruit and vegetable consumption nationwide.
- Half Your Plate is a Canadian initiative to encourage families to fill half of their plates with fruits and vegetables. The organization offers tips, tricks and recipes to help Canadians have access to easy, healthy and delicious ways to eat more produce, we’re proud to partner with Half Your Plate.
- In our Mexico facilities we have implemented several programs for childcare, protection and access to our facilities. Some of the children’s programs include — a toy drive, recreational activities to children in small communities, and workshops training to employees on personal and family issues etc.
Follow Red Sun Farms and to stay up to date on Red Sun Farms community involvement.