Add some flare to an otherwise plain baked potato. With avocado, black beans, tomatoes, peppers and corn these fiesta potatoes are sure to give your mouth a zing.
What You'll Need
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Scrub and dry potatoes. Rub with 1 tsp. oil and prick with fork. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes, or until skins are crispy and insides are soft.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and cook for about 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain fat from pan.
- Return pan to heat; add onion, peppers, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes. Add corn and beans and cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent and beef is no longer pink.
- While beef mixture is cooking, mix tomato, avocado, lime juice and cilantro in small bowl. Let marinate.
- Once potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half, scoop out ½ of potato flesh from each half and reserve for other use.
- Fill each half with beef and vegetable mixture. Top with avocado and tomato mixture.
You may also be interested in...
Bell Pepper Tacos
Sure peppers are a great addition to tacos, but what about using them as the Taco shell? Cut our famous bell peppers in half and there you have it a veggie shell! Here’s how we load our pepper shells.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy
One Pot Chicken Lo Mein
One Pot Wonders are all the rage, and for good reason! What’s easier than throwing everything into a pot (no need to cook the pasta!) and having dinner ready in 20 minutes with little to no work? This recipe for chicken lo mien will have you skipping on take-out and opting for a family-friendly, home-cooked meal instead.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy