Grilled steaks with baked potatoes are a classic. Perfect for outdoor and indoor events. Serving it with tomato chutney takes the flavor to another level. Make extra and use the chutney as a condiment for snacks and toast. It stores in the refrigerator for two weeks.
What You'll Need
- Mix the butter, garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
- Dry the steak with paper towel, brush the rub on each side and refrigerate.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill on high.
- Place the steak on grill and leave the lid open. Grill until the steak does not stick.
- Flip over the steak and turn 45 degrees. Continue to grill until juices appear on the surface.
- Cook to the desired degree for your taste preference.
- Remove from the grill and season with sea salt to taste.
- Serve with Tomato Chutney, baked potato and steamed vegetables or grilled vegetables.
- Sauté the onions in the butter or oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the onions are soft, add the garlic and stir.
- Add in the tomatoes, peppers, celery, maple syrup and vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil and lower to simmer.
- Add the sea salt and pepper to taste and simmer the mixture for about 15-20 minutes. Add the cilantro and mix.
- Use as a condiment with a meal or eat as a snack with crackers and vegetable sticks. The chutney can be kept in the fridge for five days. It can also be frozen for a longer storage time.
You may also be interested in...
Chicken Patties & Veggie Spears
Sometimes parents have to get creative in the ways to increase veggies with the family. This delicious chicken patty is packed with veggie goodness & complimented with colorful veggie spears. Who says we shouldn’t play with our food!
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Skill level: Easy
Burrata Tomato Salad
Bacon, cheese, tomato and avocado need we say more? Bacon and cheese on a bed of tomatoes with warm basil and avocados will feel like a lunch time treat or a dinner party extravagance.
Skill level: Hard