What You'll Need
- Wash and bake sweet potatoes for 1 hr or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Discard the skin and mash sweet potatoes with a potato masher until smooth.
- Chop Sweetpeps mini peppers to a small dice. (approx. 1/8 inch)
- Chop parsley fine.
- Mix ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add 1 beaten egg, ¼ cup of the bread crumbs, and 1/8 cup of flour for binding.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well until evenly mixed and consistency will pack bites together.
- Form individual balls approximately 1- 2 inches wide.
- Set up 3 separate bowls for dredging. Bowl 1: Place the remaining ¾ cup of flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Bowl 2: Add 2 beaten eggs seasoned with salt and pepper. Bowl 3: Place remaining breadcrumbs, season with salt, pepper, and chopped parsley.
- First, roll balls into flour, then move to the egg mixture. Finally, coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Place the bites on parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (Tip: bites can be made ahead of time.)
- Preheat deep pan and heat oil to medium-high heat and fry balls, turning often until golden brown or crust has formed.
Optional: Dipping Sauce 2
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 lb chopped tomatoes
10 leaves of fresh basil
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
You may also be interested in...
Brownies with Avocado Ice Cream and Berries
Who doesn't love brownies with ice cream? With this recipe, you get a chocolatey brownie combined with a healthy, avocado ice cream. Your family will be asking for seconds!
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 4 hours 45 min
Skill level: Medium