Seeds of Inspiration Blogs
Follow along to learn about healthy lifestyle tips and tricks, alongside delicious veggie-filled recipes, and educational greenhouse-grow facts. We’re here to inspire and help you get the most out of your Red Sun Farms purchase.
Summer Time Snacking
Summer is finally here, and we cannot wait to make the most of our warm sunny days. The less time we have to spend in the kitchen the better. We’ve compiled a repertoire of quick and healthy summertime snacking ideas, that won’t take you away from your beach time.
Happy Go Lucky’s Kara has made the perfect backyard snack with cream cheese goodness, lettuce and tomatoes, banana peppers (you could swap out for bell peppers) and cucumber strips. These delicious Italian Sandwich Roll Ups are so easy you won’t mind making them again and again.
How about something that is light and fresh with a little crunch, and gives you the opportunity to add your own touch? Peperonata is the dish of choice with sautéed bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic ground oregano and fresh basil it’s a powerful summer treat. Simply Recipes provides some great recipes. Try them yourself and see.
Tapas night is another easy way to get your eat on during the summer. Usually shared, they are great for group gatherings. Here’s a small list of the tapas we are planning to make this summer.
- Stuffed Mushrooms – Creamy Stuffed Bruschetta Mushrooms from The Busy Baker, add our cherry or grape tomatoes for a burst of flavor
- Sweet Potato BLT Bites Sweet Potatoes are incredibly versatile and work great as the toast for BLT bites, Cooking LSL will change your view of the traditional dish
- Avocado Caprese Salad – we cannot give this salad enough love, the flavors and textures are phenomenal, and you’ll be speechless with this rendition from Cook Eat Paleo, as you are too busy eating
- Eggplant rollups with Ricotta Pesto – deliciously Mediterranean and wonderfully grilled, these are a taste of summer in every bite. Thanks, Mediterrasian.
- Cucumber Avocado Rollups – cool, crisp and refreshing they disappear as quick as they are to make
- Hummus and Feta Sweet Peppers – small enough that it’s a snack but tasty enough that you won’t be able to have just one.
Fruit Salsa is another way to get an array of summertime flavors into one dish, bowl, or better yet every bite. The Stay at Home Chef created this flavorful fruit salsa with red bell peppers. Try it you won’t be disappointed.
Do you have any tried and true, always repeated summertime snacks? We want to know.