What You'll Need
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- For the filling: place a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the butter and onions and lightly sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and asparagus. Continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the cream reduces by half.
- Add the rice and feta. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the topping: mix the Panko breadcrumbs, olive oil and egg together. Season with a bit of sea salt and pepper.
- Lay the long peppers onto a baking sheet. Put the mushroom mixture into each pepper half. Pack it in a bit. Sprinkle the Panko mixture on top.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pepper is soft and the Panko is golden.
You may also be interested in...
Tomato, Zucchini & Red Onion Tart
This tomato tart combines the classic flavors of sweet tomatoes and salty cheese for a delicious and beautiful appetizer. It’s perfect for holidays, parties and special occasions. Use any of our greenhouse grown tomato varieties based on preference.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy
Pulled Pork Sliders with Tomato Chutney
Pulled Pork Sliders with Tomato Chutney are the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Tender, flavorful pulled pork, fresh tomatoes and a homemade sweet and spicy barbecue sauce combine to make a sandwich that will have guests raving for more.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 8 hrs 15 mins
Skill level: Medium