Red, orange and yellow greenhouse grown bell peppers stuffed with garbanzo beans, kale, walnuts and brown rice make a delicious Mediterranean-influenced vegetarian dish.
What You'll Need
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Slice bell peppers in half vertically and remove seeds.
- Reserve about half of garbanzo beans; mash remaining portion with a fork.
- Mix rice with kale, garbanzo beans (mashed and whole), nuts, salt and pepper.
- Fill peppers with mix; place in baking dish and cover.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake 5 more minutes.
You may also be interested in...
Vegetarian Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Wrap with Spicy Hummus
A SUPER simple vegetarian dish, that is simple and perfect for the individual on the go! It also can be converted to make an appetizer.
Prep time: 20
Total time: 20
Skill level: Easy
Brownies with Avocado Ice Cream and Berries
Who doesn't love brownies with ice cream? With this recipe, you get a chocolatey brownie combined with a healthy, avocado ice cream. Your family will be asking for seconds!
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 4 hours 45 min
Skill level: Medium